Trainee in Phlebotomy
About this job
Phlebotomists are trained and qualified to collect blood and handle human pathology samples. This role will be suitable for someone willing to serve the Central Auckland community and pursue a career in the medical field. In return, you will get full on-the-job training and educational support and be required to study the NZ Diploma in Applied Science, level 5, while working.
About the Role.
• Busy, full-time (40-44 hours per week) permanent role alternating between Pt Chevalier, Mount Eden, Victoria Park and the CBD collection sites.
• You will therefore require your own reliable transport and a full Driver's license.
• Working hours; Monday to Friday, 7.00 am to 3.30 pm and alternate Saturdays 8.00 am to 12.00 pm.
• The key tasks include blood collection, responsible for handling contained specimens, i.e. human blood, faeces, and tissue, and preparing specimens for transportation
• Provide professional, good customer service, and serve as a link between health professionals, their patients, and the laboratory.
• Commencement date Monday 11th December
What's in it for you:
• A friendly and supportive team environment
• On-the-job training
• A pathway of learning while you work and build your career in the Medical Pathology services.
• Access to EAP and Health & Wellbeing program
• An opportunity to contribute towards the health of Tamaki Makaurau .
Previous Phlebotomy experience is not essential as long as you have:
• Outside of work time, ability and the requirement to study the NZ Diploma in Applied Science, level 5, while working.
• Ability to stand on your feet for 8-hour shifts.
• Undertake an immunisation check and take an immunisation booster if required.
• A positive and friendly approach to your work and demonstrate cultural and social sensitivity.
• Compassion for others, including a real desire to provide high-quality care to a wide variety of patients of all ages and circumstances.
• Excellent customer service skills including a high level of personal presentation.
• Strong attention to detail and an ability to follow processes accurately, even when under pressure.
• Eligibility to work in NZ.
Interested in this job?
To apply for this job please phone 0800 779 009 and quote Job ID 22372624
You may need to register first with Work and Income as a Job Seeker to be considered for specific roles.
If you are deaf, hearing impaired, or speech impaired, there are a range of options to contact us. Please include the Job IDs for any of the jobs you're interested in as part of the message.