About this job
Experienced School Nurse, for a part time position at a local Hillsborough college.
Capable Registered Nurse with preferably three years’ experience, to join a newly renovated, light and spacious Health Centre in a local Hillsborough college
Do you have the ability to connect with teenagers and collaborate with Counsellors, Deans and other staff?
Are you empathetic, caring and can work with integrity when supporting young people with a varied range of medical and mental health needs?
Flexibility is essential as there be times when events and leave cover is required.
This role includes a variety of duties such as: • Providing emergency first aid to students and staff including referrals and follow up
• ACC claiming and treatment including dressings, soft tissue injuries and referrals to school physio or urgent care
• Promoting health and healthy lifestyles
• Managing of chronic conditions
• Maintaining health records
• Providing an Accident Report to the School Board each month
Starting at the beginning of the 2024 School year on 26 January 2024
The ideal applicants must: • Be a Registered Nurse with a current Aotearoa New Zealand Practising Certificate,with preferably three years' experience
• Enjoy working with young people with compassion, empathy and confidentiality
• Have a postgraduate qualification in youth health (or be prepared to work towards)
• Be committed to continuing his / her own professional development which includes undertaking the mandatory training associated with the position
• Be computer literate and demonstrate excellence in communication skills
• Be culturally aware and have the ability to work cross-culturally
• Be a team player working as part of a pastoral care team.
Interested in this job?
To apply for this job please phone 0800 779 009 and quote Job ID 22369041
You may need to register first with Work and Income as a Job Seeker to be considered for specific roles.
If you are deaf, hearing impaired, or speech impaired, there are a range of options to contact us. Please include the Job IDs for any of the jobs you're interested in as part of the message.