Overnight Support Worker
About this job
Our mahi is to support, advocate and provide a safe and warm environment for our Wahine and Tamariki This is a busy role that requires a high degree of energy, enthusiasm and a strong desire to be there for those in our care. It is an opportunity to work with a supportive Team, ongoing development and paid birthday off. Job skills and responsibilities include: • Upholding the Security, Health & Safety of whanau and colleagues • Coordinating with the team to support whānau with their goals • Ability to support and contribute as part of a wider team and ability to be comfortable working autonomously • Respond to events to ensure the safety of whānau and colleagues • A high level of personal integrity, accountability, and understanding of boundaries and ethics • Support intake of new Whanau • Light Cleaning and Preparing rooms for new whanau • Working overnight, ensuring the well-being and location of Wahine and their Tamariki • After-hours on-call support • Qualifications and/or Certificates in Social Services or Community is an advantage The successful candidate will undergo training to enhance their skills and job responsibilities and get an understanding of our mission, values and environment. Training includes 2 weeks day shift, Mon to Fri and 1 week in Wellington. A work phone and laptop is provided.
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills Strong cultural competency when working and engaging with Māori whanau • Warm, empathetic, and able to focus on the needs of our Wahine and Tamariki • Computer skills & knowledge on using software • Experience in overnight care is highly sought • Experience de-escalating events is essential • Experience working from a Te Ao Maori perspective • Be a New Zealand citizen • Clean Full Drivers Licence and own vehicle, in case of emergencies • Police vetting is part of employment process (minor convictions may be considered on a case by case basis) • Vaccination required, 2 jabs + booster
- Days of work
- Thurs to Mon, 7pm-3.30am (40 hours per week)
- Pay Details
- $50,000-$58,000 (depending on experience)
- Job Category
- Welfare Support Workers
- Career Level
- Entry level (6 months - 2 years)
- Driver Licence
- Full, (Class 1) - Car Licence
- Pre-employment drug test required
Interested in this job?
To apply for this job please phone 0800 779 009 and quote Job ID 22234372
You may need to register first with Work and Income as a Job Seeker to be considered for specific roles.
If you are deaf, hearing impaired, or speech impaired, there are a range of options to contact us. Please include the Job IDs for any of the jobs you're interested in as part of the message.