Intellectual Disability Support Person
About this job
A healthcare provider is looking for resilient, motivated, and energetic individuals to join and support young adults with an intellectual disability in Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt. In this role, you will be working with people at different stages of their lives, starting with young adults, to achieve greater independence and be part of their community. Every day is guaranteed to be different, as you will work closely with their families to support them in achieving their goals and living happy, fulfilled lives. They offer ongoing development and study opportunities - earn while you learn! Having some experience supporting people with disabilities or health needs is a bonus; however, no experience is required. They also support you in achieving NZQA Health and Wellbeing qualifications. Hours are determined by availability and can be discussed with employer as their services operate 24/7.
• Must have a restricted licence. • Able to pass and MOJ and drug test. • Be able to work weekends and rostered shifts.
- Days of work
- Rotating roster including weekends. (40 hours per week)
- Pay Details
- $22.70 to $28.25 per hour (based on experience/qualifications)
- Job Category
- Other Information and Organisation Professionals
- Career Level
- Entry level (6 months - 2 years)
- Driver Licence
- Restricted, (Class 1) - Car Licence
- Pre-employment drug test required
Interested in this job?
To apply for this job please phone 0800 779 009 and quote Job ID 22215953
You may need to register first with Work and Income as a Job Seeker to be considered for specific roles.
If you are deaf, hearing impaired, or speech impaired, there are a range of options to contact us. Please include the Job IDs for any of the jobs you're interested in as part of the message.