Pēhea te Whakamahi
How It Works
Find out how to use Kimi Mahi Mai Find a Job to find and apply for jobs
We lists hundreds of jobs from employers we work with
To apply for jobs on this site, you must have the right to work in New Zealand. This means you’re either:
- a New Zealand or Australian Citizen,
- a New Zealand Resident, or
- hold a visa which allows you to work in New Zealand.
If you have a working holiday visa, check out the seasonal jobs on the Opportunity grows here website. It covers a range of different industries so you can find the one that best suits you.
Step 1 - Search for jobs
To search for a job
- Use the dropdown arrow in the ‘Location’ field to choose a location (city)
- Enter a keyword in the ‘Keywords’ field
- Use the dropdown arrow in the ‘Category’ field to choose a category
- Select ‘Search’
Refine your results
- Filter by work type – select ‘Full time’ or ‘Part time’.
- Use the dropdown arrow to sort by:
- Relevance (only available for Keyword searches), or
- Date listed: newest to oldest, or
- Date listed: oldest to newest.
Step 2 – Get a Work and Income client number
You need a Work and Income client number to apply for these jobs. This is a 9-digit number, e.g. 000-000-000. You can find this in letters from Work and Income, or on your Community Services Card. You don't need to be getting a benefit to have a client number.
If you don't have a client number, you can request one from Work and Income.
Step 3 – Call us and tell us the Job ID
Once you have your client number and you’ve found a job you like, call us on 0800 779 009. You need to tell us the Job IDs for any of the jobs you’re interested in. You can find the Job ID at the top of the page about the job, below the job title.
Deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairmentIf you are deaf, or have difficulty hearing or speaking, there are a range of options to contact us. Please include the Job IDs for any of the jobs you’re interested in as part of the message.
Find out how to contact us. Our team is happy to help.